1. How can I get involved with the Virginia State University Alumni Association? Open or Close
Answer: The best way to get involved with the Alumni Association is though the active participation of a local alumni chapter in your area. Joining a local chapter is a great way to meet other Trojans/Statesmen who are in your area.
2. How can I learn more about joining a local alumni chapter in my area? Open or Close
Answer: Please visit the Alumni Chapter section on this site for information on how to join one of our active alumni chapters located throughout the country. Joining a chapter offers you the opportunity for service, friendship and networking. If you don’t see an alumni chapter in your area, maybe you would like to start one...if so, check out the How to Start a Chapter section on this site for more information. If you are not interested in starting a chapter or joining one, you can still join the Alumni Association as a Member-at-large.
3. Who can become members of the Virginia State University Alumni Association? Open or Close
Answer: Membership into the Virginia State University Alumni Association is open to all Virginia State alumni, former students, parents, University faculty and staff, and friends of the University. Earning a degree from Virginia State is not a perquisite. You can read more about membership and its benefits in the membership section of this site.
4. How much does it cost to become financial with the Alumni Association? Open or Close
Answer: National membership dues is 30.00 dollars. However, when you join a chapter, local chapter dues will vary and will be in addition to the National Membership Dues.
5. Can I pay my membership dues online? Open or Close
Answer: Yes. However, we ask that you continue to go through your local chapter to join or renew your membership unless you are renewing as a Member-At-Large.
For those joining or renewing under the Member-At-Large status, meaning you are not joining a local chapter but would still like to be financial with the Alumni Association, click on the link http://www.vsuaaonline.com/index.php/membership/join-or-renew-today to complete the application. Upon completion of the form you will be directed to our online payment page.
6. I recently donated to the VSU Annual Fund. Does this make me a member of the Alumni Association? Open or Close
Answer: No. Although we are grateful of your direct support to Virginia State, giving to the Annual Fund does not make you a member of the Alumni Association. The Virginia State University Alumni Association is an independent, non-profit 501(c)(3) dues-based organization that helps to support Virginia State and its alumni.
7. Can I pay my Alumni Association dues through the VSU Development Office? Open or Close
Answer: No. Membership dues must be paid directly to the Alumni Association’s National Office or through one of the Association’s local/professional chapters.