Alumnus of the Year Open or Close
Northern Virginia ChapterBrenda Stith-Finch is currently retired from Verizon Communications after a 34 year career. Prior to retirement from Verizon Communications in 2010, Brenda was Vice President of the Verizon Federal Service and Program Management teams that supported 1,000 Federal Government agencies and customers. Her responsibilities included providing end-to-end service delivery for specialized customer billing, contract modifications, contract compliance and contract deliverable. She oversaw the process consistency and standardization across services and products.
She also developed the comprehensive Operation Risk Management Strategy, which addressed key areas of concern related to project management and ongoing implementation activity for Federal Customer Service Centers.
Throughout Brenda's career she has won numerous awards. They include:
Brenda is currently the President of the VSUAA-Northern Virginia Chapter. Since she became President in 2012, the Chapter has won many awards (National Chapter President of the Year, Medium Chapter of the Year, Young Trojan of the Year, 2014 Alumnus of the Year). She consistently focuses on fundraising for the University. She also worked with the VSU Office of Institutional Advancement to develop a fundraising model that has been used successfully by others in support of the University.
- Two-time recipient of the Verizon Business Unit Excellence Award (Large Business Services Center and Federal Services Center) (2002 and 2004)
- Recipient, National Eagle Leadership Institute Award (1995)
- Future Business Leaders of America Business Person of the Year Award, Washington, DC Chapter (1992)
- Senior Advisor, Industrial College of the Armed Forces (ICAF) National Security Strategy Exercise (NSSE) (2008)
- National Women of Color Technology Award (2007)
- Most Important Blacks in Business and Technology Award (2009)
- The Pentagon Command Communication Survivability Program Award (9-11 events)
She received her BS degree in Agricultural Business from VSU in 1971 and a Masters of Business Administration from Syracuse University. She completed the Center for Creative Leadership Development and the Wharton School of Leadership Development. She is a member of the Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated.
Chapter of the Year Open or Close
Medium Size Chapter - Chesterfield County Chapter
Large Size Chapter - Northern Virginia Chapter
Chapter President of the Year Open or Close
Tiffani Sykes -
President, VSUAA-Varsity Club Chapter
Linette Crenshaw Camp
President, VSUAA-Chesterfield Chapter
Board Member of the Year Open or Close
Board Representative of the
Young Trojan Award Open or Close
Wesley R. Wright
VSUAA-Northern Virginia Chapter
VSUAA-Greater Petersburg Chapter